If you're one of the millions of people who suffers from jaw pain, nighttime teeth grinding, tension headaches, and overwhelming stress, you know just how debilitating all those things combined can actually be. But there is good news!
And that good news is that relief is possible in the form of somatic exercises.
Somatic exercise programs like the 8 signature courses The Workout Witch has created can soothe jaw pain, relieve daily headaches, and rid your body of the trauma it's storing and the stress it's experiencing.
So no matter what other treatment or healing journey you've started for your chronic jaw pain and teeth grinding, somatic exercise should be your next step!
What are Somatic Exercises?
Somatic exercises are gentle movements that connect your physical body and emotional body to both your nervous system and your somatic memory. This process of movement allows you to actually heal the symptoms that manifest in the body and mind after experiencing any form of trauma, including long-term stress, chronic anxiety, and both long-term and short-term physical trauma.
It can be said that somatic exercise is a holistic approach to wellness that physically helps you tap into the wisdom and natural pathways of your own body. And that helps to develop a greater sense of bodily awareness and control.
Somatic exercise gets to the root of the cause of the symptoms of stored trauma, rather than just covering up the symptoms themselves. So while somatic exercise is great for trauma release, it's also great for a variety of many other things.
Here are just a few other benefits of somatic exercise:
- Heals chronic inflammation
- Balances hormones, including cortisol
- Relieves sciatica and hip pain
- Relieves tension headaches and migraines
- Relieves stomach issues
- Relieves neck and shoulder tension
- Relieves jaw pain and night-time teeth grinding.
- Improves sleep patterns
- Clears brain fog
- + SO much more...
Additionally, somatic exercise can be done by anyone and anywhere. These types of movements don't require any equipment, can be modified to work with all body types and abilities, and can be done in as little as 7 minutes in the comfort of your own home (even in your own bed!).
Somatic exercises help you to develop greater control on your body, move with more grace and fluidity, and allow you to live a life that's finally pain- and stress-free.
How can somatic exercise help with jaw pain?
Unfortunately, jaw pain is a common problem felt by a lot of people. It presents itself in several different ways and is caused by a variety of factors. But the similarity between it all is that jaw pain can seriously disrupt everyday life.
An important thing to mention here is that jaw pain doesn't always have to have a specific diagnosis such as TMJ or arthritis...
Jaw pain is an incredibly common symptom of living with high stress for far too long. And specifically, that you've been living in survival mode for far too long.
So while other typical treatments like taking Ibuprofen or massaging your cheeks or investing in a night-guard can work to heal your jaw pain, these treatments are never actually going to get rid of the jaw pain for good — they'll only provide short-term relief of it.
So how do you get rid of jaw pain for good?
With somatic exercises. Because, as mentioned above, somatic exercise allows your body to get to the root cause of the pain.
When doing somatic exercises specifically for jaw pain (like the ones in our 15 day course Release Your Jaw In 15 Days), your body starts to release the tension and trauma being stored there. This happens because the simple, daily movements connect your nervous system (and the shutting down of it) to the manifestations of how that's showing up throughout your body. And in this case, it's through your jaw.
Now, not everyone stores trauma in their jaw. But if you find yourself feeling like you've been in survival mode and you have chronic jaw pain, then you probably do!
Typically, people who store trauma and tension in their jaw find it difficult to express their feelings and set boundaries. They also have a tendency to sacrifice their own needs to meet the needs of others, and that usually stirs up some resentment for them. They're people pleasers who say 'yes' a little too often.
You can find out where you're storing your trauma by taking our quiz!
Somatic exercises have also been found to be effective in treating teeth grinding, which is another common condition that can cause excruciating jaw pain. By starting a course like our Release Your Jaw In 15 Days, you can learn how to release the tension that's causing the involuntary clenching and grinding of teeth — which not only provides relief from jaw pain but also protects the teeth from damage caused by grinding.
Starting a somatic exercise program to release your tension in your jaw relieves:
- Jaw Pain
- Pain When Chewing
- Pain When Laughing
- Night-Time Teeth Grinding
- Chronic Tension Headaches
- Health Conditions Related To Stored Trauma Including: Sleep Issues, Gut Issues, Headaches/Migraines, Chest Pains, Constant Fatigue, Long-Term Anxiety, Long-Term Depression, Brain Fog, Chronic Muscle tension, Tinnitus
What somatic exercise program should I start with to heal my jaw pain?
We've created 8 signature somatic exercise courses here at The Workout Witch that allow anyone and everyone to release the trauma being stored at the specific place in their body.
If you're someone who experiences things like this:
- You have jaw pain that radiates into ear pain and neck pain.
- You get frequent migraines that you’re trying to treat with anti-inflammatory medications.
- You’re grinding your teeth every night.
- You find yourself rubbing your jaw throughout the day, hoping to make the pain go away.
- It hurts when you eat, smile, or even laugh.
- You’re seriously considering whether botox will help your jaw pain at this point.
- You’re pretty sure that your body is supposed to feel better than this.
Then Release Your Jaw In 15 Days is the course for you!
Release Your Jaw In 15 Days is 7 minutes a day of simple somatic exercises to release jaw tension, relieve jaw pain, and train your body to stop jaw clenching for good!
Here’s everything you get with it:
- 15 Days Of Perfectly-Sequenced, Exclusive Video Classes — so you can laugh and talk and chew again WITHOUT the pain.
- Instant PDF Downloads For Progress Tracking And Organization — so you can remain accountable throughout the entire program.
- Direct Email Access To Me For Personal Guidance & Coaching — so you can reach out with any and all questions necessary to take full advantage of the course.
- A Daily Jaw And Neck Tension Relief Routine For AFTER The 15 Days Are Done — so you can continue treating the stress that builds up in your jaw and continue to live pain-free for YEARS after you've completed the course.
- Two Healing Rituals — so you can better deal with any stress, anxiety, and trauma that occurs in the future.
For only $42! (And with a 99.9% success rate AND a money back guarantee, long-term and life-changing jaw pain relief has never been easier.)
Immediately after you join Release Your Jaw In 15 Days, you’ll get instant access to the exercises that are providing long-term jaw pain relief in as little as THREE days.
And we’re so sure that you’ll love this program that we have a money back guarantee.
(But we’re confident you won’t need it…)